Do you have an interest in railways and models? Would you like to join like-minded people and develop your interests?
Then our Association may be of interest to you. Read on…..
Who Are We?
The Australian Model Railway Association Incorporated is usually called AMRA.
Our members have an interest in model railways of all shapes and sizes.
The aim of the ASSOCIATION is to foster interest in the hobby.
Provide advice and help, and fixed layouts on which to run your trains.
AMRA has State branches in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Perth.
Each branch promotes contact and friendship between members by:
Photo copyright AMRA member Bill Whale
- holding regular meetings in their Clubrooms,
- keeping up to date with new ideas and modelling methods,
- operating a model railway layout on which to run your trains.
- organizing an annual public exhibition,
- running model building contests, and
- contributing to a bi-monthly national magazine called “Journal“.
What Do We Offer?
- A “Guide for Beginners in Model Railways” and Standards book.
- A Badge and Membership Card.
- “Journal” our bi-monthly magazine
- Fraternity between like-minded people.
- Access to the experience of other members.
- Access to existing working layouts.
- Established and well equipped Clubrooms.
- Becoming part of a 50-year-old, financially sound and
legally constituted Association of model railway enthusiasts.
See our frequently asked questions for more information about how the Association is structured and what you get as a member. Should you require further information about the Association, you are invited to email or write to the Federal Secretary at the address shown below, without obligation.
9 Lord Place
Barden Ridge NSW 2234
For information about how any information you provide to the Association
may be used, please read our Privacy Statement.