The Australian Model Railway Association has been developing standards for model railways since 1951. These standards are made available to all members of the Association and are distributed as a part of the “new member kit” as well as being available from this site.
The following standards documents that have been released for use by all modellers and not just those who are members of the Association.
- Fine tolerance wheel and track standard
- Intermediate tolerance wheel and track standard
- Minimum track radius standard
- Clearance and Track Centres
- Carriage Mass
- Free form module standard
A number of new standards are currently under consideration by the standards sub-committee. Members and interested parties are welcome to make suggestions on the development of new standards.